Black Supplier Development29 November 2017
Black Supplier Development
ASCCI, in collaboration with VWSA and the VWSA Trust have embarked on a journey together to shortlist 10 black owned suppliers of which 5 were selected by a panel of judges during the VWSA Ntinga Project Launch day. Each of these suppliers have received supply contracts from VWSA which will materialize at the end of an intensive 18 month mentoring and upgrading programme which has commenced on the 29th November 2017.
Each competitiveness improvement programme will have 3 primary dimensions:
- Best practice manufacturing support – Support to develop the manufacturing competitiveness of suppliers
- General business support – Focusing on general business administration and financial management
- Mentoring and business development – Mentoring for leadership and a focus on providing strategic guidance
The five selected suppliers are:
- Bona Once Bona Twice CC
- Jamsco Automotive Assemblies (Pty) Ltd.
- KPL Die Casting (Pty) Ltd.
- Production Logix (Pty) Ltd.
- Thekwini Wire and Fasteners (Pty) Ltd.